2017 Race Date
May 28, 2017
2017 Registration Open and Close Dates
October 10, 2016 at 6am
Online registration closes at 11:59pm on Tuesday, May 23.
Registration will re-open at the Sport & Fitness Expo on Friday, May 26.
2017 Fee Schedule*
$99 + transaction fee (October 10, 2016 – January 15, 2017)
$110 + transaction fee (January 16, 2017 – March 31, 2017)
$120 + transaction fee (April 1, 2017 – May 23, 2017)
$135 + transaction fee Race Weekend
* Registration is capped at 3600 participants so some rate periods will not apply after sell out date
Additional $15 fee applies for paper registration. Paper registrations may be mailed or hand-delivered; we do NOT accept applications via fax.
Registration Fee Includes:
- Short-sleeve tech race shirts (women’s and unisex sizing). Shirt sizes cannot be swapped at packet pickup.
- Personalized bib (must register by deadline)
- Marathon Timing
- Food Tent sponsored by Hannaford in Waterfront Park
- Finisher’s medal
- Post-race massage
- Secured gear check
- Pace Teams
- Preferred start corral for qualified Marathoners
- Traffic control for 6 hours
- Post-race showers at the YMCA (4 blocks away)
Enhance Your Marathon Experience with a VIP Package
- Includes everything in the standard registration package (above)
- 2017 IN Training Shirt
- Private course preview
- VIP Goodie bag with Vermont products
- Pasta Dinner ticket
- Private Gear Check in VIP Suite near start with indoor facilities
- Finisher’s Gift
- Cost $50 – Limited to 100 runners
New 2-26.2 Virtual Training Program for First Timers
- Includes everything in the standard registration package (above)
- 2017 New 2-26.2 Training Shirt
- Weekly interaction with RunVermont Coach
- Cost $10
- Program begins Monday, January 23, 2017
Marathon Club Competition
The People’s United Bank Vermont City Marathon’s Marathon Club Competition. This program will create an extra level of excitement to an already great race. Our goal for the program is to bring the top club runners from around the world to compete on a fast and scenic course. We also want to increase the level of support and fun for all of you who compete with a running club. Click here for more information on the Club Competition.
New England Double
Register and Run People’s United Bank Vermont City Marathon and Eversource Hartford Marathon to complete The Double. 52.4 Miles of Marathon in two of New England’s Best Races.
You will need to register for the New England Double on both People’s United Bank Vermont City Marathon’s website and Eversource Hartford Marathon’s website. There is a non refundable $10 fee on each registration page when you register for the NE Double.
When you complete The New England Double you will receive a special New England Double Medal and NE Double apparel piece.
You will be given an option to register for The Double as someone who completed Hartford Marathon in October of 2016 and completing the New England Double at VCM in May of 2017.
Beginning your New England Double quest in May of 2017 at VCM and completing it at Hartford Marathon in October of 2017.
If you have any questions about the registration process please e-mail our Registration Director, Chuck Spear at [email protected]
Your processed credit card/canceled check is proof of your confirmed entry.
Your entry fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Runner & Guest Handbook
2017 Handbook anticipated late April 2017. 2016 Handbook available for reference.
RunVermont sponsors an energetic Invited Runners Program for the Vermont City Marathon.
Run for Charity
Learn about our “Miles for a Mission” program and raise money for charity.
Race Packet Pick-Up
Click here for more information on where to pick up your race packet.
Policies (Deferral, Participation, Transfer)
Your registration for the Vermont City Marathon is non-refundable. However, if you have registered but find you are unable to participate you may choose to defer your entry to 2018. Please read the policy details below:
- Deferrals are allowed from the date of registration through April 30, 2017. No deferrals allowed after April 30, 2017; the ONLY exception is for military personnel.
- Entrant may defer for any reason.
- The request for a deferral is final and may not be reversed.
- Deferral is good for one year only.
- Deferrals may not be transferred to another runner.
- Deferrals may be used for entry into the VCM Marathon only. Deferrals may not be used for the VCM Relay or any other RunVermont-produced event.
- An entrant with a deferral will receive a 40% discount on their 2018 PUBVCM (marathon only) registration fee only. There is NO REFUND for the 2017 entry fee.
- Deferral for deployed military personnel will be provided with no additional entry fee for 2018.
- To defer your 2017 registration from 2017 to 2018: Log into your Chronotrack Account and choose the race change option. If you have questions about this process please contact Chuck Spear at [email protected].
For 2016 marathoners that deferred:
- You should have received an e-mail with your deferral code. If you need the code again e-mail our Registration Director Chuck Spear at [email protected].
- All runners must stay on the designated race course.
- Participants must finish within 6 hours and keep to a sub 13:45 minute pace per mile.
- Bikes, in-line skates, strollers, dogs and skateboards are not allowed on the course.
- Headphones are not prohibited, but are strongly discouraged.
- The marathon is sanctioned and certified by USATF (Course certification #VT11006RF).
Bandit/Bib Transfer Policy
- RunVermont events are organized under and conducted according to USATF and RRCA rules.
- Anyone who participates in an event produced by RunVermont must be properly registered and must have paid any required registration fees prior to the start of the race.
- Entrants in RunVermont events will be given a race bib for scoring purposes and to aid course officials in identifying legitimate participants during the event.
- Bibs may not be transferred from a registered participant to any other person. A registered runner who provides their bib to another runner will also be treated as an unregistered runner and subject to the sanctions described here.
- For VCM Relay Participants only, the transfer of relay team ownership is permissible, as long as the transfer is conducted in the manner prescribed on the official VCM website.
- Individuals who participate in any RunVermont event without registering will be removed from the race.
- RunVermont reserves the right to bar unregistered participants from future RunVermont events.
- Unregistered individuals participating in RunVermont events may also be subject to additional sanctions from USATF and/or RRCA.
- Additional sanctions may be taken including prosecution for theft of services.