I had the occasion to open an annual newsletter from an organization I belong to and inside found a rather interesting test. It’s a test that reveals what’s most important to you. So, with full attribution to the Adirondack 46ers and Charles Shulz (yep, Charlie Brown, Lucy, Snoopy, Linus, Pig Pen, et. Al.), here’s Part One of this little test:
- Name the 5 wealthiest people in the world
- Name the last 5 Heisman trophy winners
- Name the last 5 winners of the Miss America Pageant
- Name 10 people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prizes
- Name the last half dozen winners of the Academy Awards for best actor/actress
- Name the past 10 winners of the World Series
How did you do? Don’t be disappointed if you couldn’t come up with a lot of answers...most people don’t.
Now for Part Two:
- List some teachers that made a difference in your journey through school
- Name 3 friends who have helped you through a difficult time
- Name 5 people who taught you something worthwhile
- Name 5 people who made you feel special or appreciated
- Name 5 people you enjoy spending time with
And how did you make out in Part Two? How many of the people you run with are in your answers for Part Two? How many of the people who cheer for you or support you in your passion for running are in your Part Two answers? How many are in your Part One answers?
So for 2020, where will your name appear if your friends and families were to answer these questions? Get out there and run in 2020, take a friend, volunteer at a race, cheer – even for someone you’ve never met. Be a Part Two answer.