New for 2019 – We’ve got a cool challenge for our amazing People’s United Bank Vermont City Marathon and Timberlane Dental Mini Marathon Volunteers. People’s United Bank has stepped up to help us continue to recognize the remarkable work of our volunteers and support community organizations at the same time.
All volunteers will be entered into a drawing for $500 awarded to the nonprofit or charity of their choice. The Marathon Volunteer Challenge is generously supported by People’s United Bank.
How to play the game:
Each volunteer starts with an automatic entry by registering to volunteer.
Get additional entries by completing the challenges listed below.
- Register Early – Sign-up online by May 1 for 1 extra entry.
- Register for More – Each shift you register for is good for 1 extra entry.
- Refer – It’s always more fun with friends! Have your friends, family, and co-workers put your name in the referral question when they register to volunteer. You will get 1 extra entry for each volunteer that references your name.
- Rally – First-time volunteers receive 1 extra entry.
- Return – Returning volunteers receive 1 extra entry for every 5 years volunteered.
- Share the Love – Tell us why you love volunteering by answering our question during online volunteer registration for 5 extra entries.
How to win:
Register to volunteer and join the challenge. There are lots of ways to earn extra entries. After Race Weekend we’ll tally the points, do a randomized drawing using random.org and announce the winner on Friday, June 14, 2019. You will be entered into the drawing with the corresponding number of points you have received during the challenge. The more points, the better your chances!
Eligibility: All People’s United Bank Vermont City Marathon and Timberlane Dental Mini Marathon volunteers are eligible to play.
Employees of RunVermont, People’s United Bank and Timberlane Dental are not eligible to win.