Age Group awards will be available in June once results are official.
Awards will be given for the Top 3 men and women in age categories:
16–24, 25–29, 30–34, 35–39, 40–44, 45–49, 50–54, 55–59, 60–64,
65–69, 70-74, 75-79 and 80+.
Awards are based on Gun Time, not Chip Time. The Vermont City Marathon does not displace when giving awards.
2018 Cash Prizes
2018 Top Vermonter Prize
Must currently reside in Vermont and have done so since May 28, 2017
Olympic Trials Qualifier bonus
Any competitors in the VCM who are eligible to compete in the USA Olympic Trials and who meet the qualifying standards for the trials will earn a bonus of $1000 for the A standard or $500 for the B standard in addition to any other prize money they may win at VCM. A standards are 2:15:00 for men and 2:37:00 for women, gun times. B standards are 2:19:00 for men and 2:45:00 for women, gun times.
* Special “Vermont Winner Bonus”: If a Vermont resident (as defined for our Top Vermonter prize) wins either the Open or Masters division, we will double the prize money to $6000 or $1500, respectively. The $500 Top Vermonter bonus will not apply in this case.
Course Record Bonuses
- Open Male (2:17:03) – $1,000
- Open Female (2:35:02) – $1,000
- Master Male (2:21:32) – $500
- Masters Female (2:47:28) – $500
Club Competition Scoring and Prize Structure
- The Marathon Club Competition Team Scoring is by total time (gun time) of the three runners in a division, lowest total time wins.
- All registered clubs with at least three finishers in a category will be scored.
- Male Open Teams: 1st place: $500
- Female Open Teams: 1st place: $500
- Male Masters Teams: 1st place: $500
- Female Masters Teams: 1st place: $500
- A runner may only represent one club for the purposes of this competition
- A club may be a USATF registered club, a club registered for a different country (i.e Athletics Canada), or a club registered for a different sport (i.e. USAT, USSA, etc). A club may also be unregistered formally with any organization. If you are a group of runners that regularly trains or races together, you are eligible to form a club for this competition.
- Masters competitors may score for an open team
To register your club – choose your club in the provided drop down menu at registration. If you do not see your club in the drop-down menu or if you missed this step when registering, please e-mail Registration Director Chuck Spear at [email protected]