People’s United Bank Vermont City Marathon Olympic Hopeful and Invited Runner Programs
People’s United Bank Vermont City Marathon Olympic Hopeful Program is open to any athlete who is eligible to compete in the US Olympic Trails. Exclusive prize money, travel and accommodations are provided for the weekend.
In addition to the People’s United Bank Vermont City Marathon Olympic Hopeful Program, runners who are not eligible to compete in the US Olympic Trails may gain complementary entry through our Invited Runner Program and are eligible to compete for the Open Awards.
To apply to either the Olympic Hopeful Program or Invited Runner Program, runners must achieve the following finish times between January 2018 and April 2020.
Marathon (Open): Men 2:30:00, Women 2:55:00
Half Marathon (Open): Men 1:10:00, Women 1:22:00
Marathon (Masters): Men 2:36:00 Women 3:00:00
Half Marathon (Masters): Men 1:12:00, Women 1:25:00
For runners without current marathon or half marathon results that meet program standards, please feel free to submit outstanding results from other distances for consideration.
Olympic Hopeful Program
People’s United Bank Vermont City Marathon Olympic Hopeful Program is open to any athlete who is currently eligible to compete in the US Olympic Trails and provides these program benefits::
- A complimentary entry for the athlete
- Additional prize money above open awards
- A seeded bib number
- Personalized race bib
- Hotel accommodations, mileage/travel reimbursement and meal stipends may be available for highly qualified applicants
- Front of Start Line access
- Special on-course aid stations
- Special assistance from Invited Athlete committee, including fluid placement on course, pre-race course review.
- Runner bios and photos posted on the Vermont City Marathon Website
- Access to the Invited Athlete staging areas at the race start/finish (refreshments, facilities)
To apply for either the Olympic Hopeful or Invited Runner Program, athletes must contact Invited Runner Coordinator, Joe Connelly at [email protected] with their running resume and biography by Wednesday, April 24, 2020. Space is limited in both programs so athletes are encouraged to apply as early as possible.