2019 Race Date and Start Time
Sunday, May 26
Start Time: 7 am
2019 Registration Open and Close Dates
October 1, 2018, at 6 am
Registration will close when capacity is reached or on May 18, 2019. If the marathon is not full registration will reopen on Friday, May 24.
2019 Fee Schedule*
$110 + transaction fee (October 1, 2018 – December 2, 2018)
$115 + transaction fee (December 3, 2018 – January 20, 2019)
$125 + transaction fee (January 21, 2019 – April 30, 2019)
$135 + transaction fee (May 1, 2019 – May 18, 2019)
$150 + transaction fee (May 24, 2019 – May 25, 2019)
Military Discount is available for Active Duty Members: Use code MILVCM19
Registration Fee Includes:
- Official tech race shirts (women’s and unisex sizing).
- Official Finisher’s Medal
- Your bib and official timed results on a USATF Certified Course (Boston Qualifying Race)
- Free Race Photos
- Personalized bib (must register by the deadline – April 21, 2019)
- Access to Sport & Fitness Expo
- Food Tent sponsored by Hannaford in Waterfront Park
- Post-race massage
- Secured gear check
- Pace Teams
- Preferred start corral for qualified Marathoners
- Traffic control for 6 hours
Race Registration Insurance $7.99
Registration Insurance – get a full refund of your registration fee if you are unable to run with us in 2019
In Training Tech Shirt $15 – Shirt availabel before March 17, 2019.
Marathon 101 Virtual Training Plan $25
Access to New 2-26.2 Virtual Training Plan (designed for first time marathoners). As part of this plan, you will have access to weekly interaction with a RunVermont Coach. The program begins on January 21.
Marathon Club Competition
The People’s United Bank Vermont City Marathon’s Marathon Club Competition. This program will create an extra level of excitement to an already great race. Our goal for the program is to bring the top club runners from around the world to compete on a fast and scenic course. We also want to increase the level of support and fun for all of you who compete with a running club. Click here for more information on the Club Competition.
Your processed credit card/canceled check is proof of your confirmed entry.
Your entry fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
RunVermont sponsors an energetic Invited Runners Program for the Vermont City Marathon.
Run for Charity
Learn about our “Miles for a Mission” program and raise money for charity.
Race Packet Pick-Up
Click here for more information on where to pick up your race packet.
- We do not offer refunds. Policies
- Deferral and Transfer – How To
- How to Defer Video Tutorial
- How to Transfer Your Registration to a Relay
- Deferrals are allowed only for those registered for the Marathon unless you have purchased insurance. Deferral deadline is 11:59 pm on May 8, 2019.
- Purchase deadline for insurance is 11:59 pm on May 8, 2019. Details Here
- Transfers are allowed from marathon to either Relay – once Relay is open and until sold out.
- Those transferring from the Marathon – to a Relay are no longer eligible for registration insurance or deferral.
- All runners must stay on the designated race course.
- Participants must finish within 6 hours and keep to a sub 13:45 minute pace per mile.
- Bikes, in-line skates, strollers, dogs, and skateboards are not allowed on the course.
- Headphones are not prohibited but are strongly discouraged.
- The marathon is sanctioned and certified by USATF (Course certification #VT11006RF).
Bandit/Bib Transfer Policy
- RunVermont events are organized under and conducted according to USATF and RRCA rules.
- Anyone who participates in an event produced by RunVermont must be properly registered and must have paid any required registration fees before the start of the race.
- Entrants in RunVermont events will be given a race bib for scoring purposes and to aid course officials in identifying legitimate participants during the event.
- Bibs may not be transferred from a registered participant to any other person. A registered runner who provides their bib to another runner will also be treated as an unregistered runner and subject to the sanctions described here.
- For VCM Relay Participants only, the transfer of relay team ownership is permissible, as long as the transfer is conducted in the manner prescribed on the official VCM website.
- Individuals who participate in any RunVermont event without registering will be removed from the race.
- RunVermont reserves the right to bar unregistered participants from future RunVermont events.
- Unregistered individuals participating in RunVermont events may also be subject to additional sanctions from USATF and/or RRCA.
- Additional sanctions may be taken including prosecution for theft of services.