2018 Race Date
Sunday, May 27
Start Time: 7am
2018 Registration Open and Close Dates
October 1, 2017 at 6am
Online registration closes at 8am on Monday, May 21.
Registration will re-open at the Sport & Fitness Expo on Friday, May 25.
2018 Fee Schedule*
Basic Registration package
$110 + transaction fee (October 1, 2017 – November 30, 2017)
$115 + transaction fee (December 1, 2017 – January 15, 2018)
$125 + transaction fee (January 16, 2018 – until close)
Basic Registration Fee Includes:
- Official 30th Anniversary tech race shirts (women’s and unisex sizing).
- Official 30th Anniversary Finisher’s Medal
- Your bib and official timed results on a USATF Certified Course (Boston Qualifying Race)
- Free Race Photos compliments of Untapped
- Personalized bib (must register by deadline)
- Access to Sport & Fitness Expo
- Food Tent sponsored by Hannaford in Waterfront Park
- Post-race massage
- Secured gear check
- Pace Teams
- Preferred start corral for qualified Marathoners
- Traffic control for 6 hours
Deluxe Registration package
$120 + transaction fee (October 1, 2017 – November 30, 2017)
$130 + transaction fee (December 1, 2017 – January 15, 2018)
$140 + transaction fee (January 16, 2018 – until close)
Deluxe Registration Fee Includes:
- All of the benefits of the basic registration package plus:
- Registration Insurance – get a full refund of your registration fee if you are unable run with us in 2018. More details here.
- Access to New 2-26.2 Virtual Training Plan (designed for first time marathoners). As part of this plan you will have access to weekly interaction with a RunVermont Coach. The program began January 22. The training plan will be posted on www.runvcm.org Blog and you will recieve an e-mail from your coach.
Official 30th Anniversary Vermont City Marathon “IN Training” Tech Shirt. Must be registered by February 1, 2018 to receive shirt.
Military Discount available for Acvtive Duty Members: Use code MILVCM18
Marathon Club Competition
The People’s United Bank Vermont City Marathon’s Marathon Club Competition. This program will create an extra level of excitement to an already great race. Our goal for the program is to bring the top club runners from around the world to compete on a fast and scenic course. We also want to increase the level of support and fun for all of you who compete with a running club. Click here for more information on the Club Competition.
Your processed credit card/canceled check is proof of your confirmed entry.
Your entry fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
RunVermont sponsors an energetic Invited Runners Program for the Vermont City Marathon.
Run for Charity
Learn about our “Miles for a Mission” program and raise money for charity.
Race Packet Pick-Up
Click here for more information on where to pick up your race packet.
- We do not offer refunds. Policies
- Deferrals are allowed only for those registered for the Marathon – Basic Package. Deferral deadline is 11:59pm on April 15, 2018.
- Registration insurance included only for those USA residents registered for the Marathon – Deluxe Package (no deferral needed). Purchase deadline is 11:59pm on May 12, 2018. Details Here
- Transfers are allowed from either marathon package to the either Relay until sold out.
- Those transferring from the Marathon – Deluxe Package to a relay are no longer eligible for registration insurance.
- Tranfers from Deluxe Packege to Basic Package are not permitted.
- All runners must stay on the designated race course.
- Participants must finish within 6 hours and keep to a sub 13:45 minute pace per mile.
- Bikes, in-line skates, strollers, dogs and skateboards are not allowed on the course.
- Headphones are not prohibited, but are strongly discouraged.
- The marathon is sanctioned and certified by USATF (Course certification #VT11006RF).
Bandit/Bib Transfer Policy
- RunVermont events are organized under and conducted according to USATF and RRCA rules.
- Anyone who participates in an event produced by RunVermont must be properly registered and must have paid any required registration fees prior to the start of the race.
- Entrants in RunVermont events will be given a race bib for scoring purposes and to aid course officials in identifying legitimate participants during the event.
- Bibs may not be transferred from a registered participant to any other person. A registered runner who provides their bib to another runner will also be treated as an unregistered runner and subject to the sanctions described here.
- For VCM Relay Participants only, the transfer of relay team ownership is permissible, as long as the transfer is conducted in the manner prescribed on the official VCM website.
- Individuals who participate in any RunVermont event without registering will be removed from the race.
- RunVermont reserves the right to bar unregistered participants from future RunVermont events.
- Unregistered individuals participating in RunVermont events may also be subject to additional sanctions from USATF and/or RRCA.
- Additional sanctions may be taken including prosecution for theft of services.