The 2021 People's United Bank Vermont City Marathon & Relay will run as a live, in-person event on Sunday, October 24th
Guidance from Vermont state officials, who have provided one of our country's most effective responses to the COVID-19 pandemic, has led us to conclude that moving forward with a large gathering in late May might not be possible. We will turn our attention to presenting the event in the Fall, allowing for more time to prepare a better experience for runners and the community at large.
At this time, only 2020 entrants are able to renew, defer, or transfer registration for October 2021. Should conditions allow, we may open up registration for new runners later this summer. If you are a 2020 entrant and have not received an email on how to take registration action, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration Renewal or Deferral MUST OCCUR BY AUGUST 1ST, 2021.
Transfers will be accepted between July 15th - July 31st. (*Transfer meaning, if you signed up for marathon but want to move to relay.)
RunVermont will be offering several live and virtual races between now and October. All races will adhere to the most current guidelines from state and public health officials. Travel information can be found below:
*NEW VERMONT TRAVEL GUIDELINES*
As of February 25th, 2021:
- If you have been vaccinated, you do not need to quarantine to travel to Vermont or return to Vermont, as long as at least 14 days have passed since you received your final vaccine dose.
- Anyone returning or traveling to Vermont that has not been vaccinated must follow Vermont's mandatory quarantine policy, which is:
- Vermonters returning from an out-of-state trip must complete either a 14-day quarantine or a 7-day quarantine followed by a negative test.
- Travelers arriving to Vermont in a personal vehicle must complete either a 14-day quarantine or a 7-day quarantine followed by a negative test in their home state and enter Vermont without further quarantine restrictions.
- Travelers arriving to Vermont who have not completed a pre-arrival quarantine must complete a 14-day quarantine or a 7-day quarantine followed by a negative test upon arrival in Vermont (such as a Vermont lodging establishment). Travelers must stay in their quarantine location for the duraction of quarantine other than to travel to and from a test site.
- Read more here.