This year for Vermont City Marathon we are offering Race Insurance through Allianz Global Assistance. Marathoners that purchase race insurance with their registration can get a full refund of registration fee if unable to run with us in 2020.
Available for US Residents only.
To sign up select the insurance option at the end of the online race registration process.
You will receive a confirmation email directly from Allianz Global Assistance after you register for the race. Make sure to save or print this email- you will need this information later if you need to file a claim.
You will see separate credit card charge from Allianz Global Assistance for insurance.
Claims are handled entirely by Allianz Global Assistance.
How to file a claim:
- Go online to www.allianztravelinsurance.com or by phone at 866-456-3102
- You will need your policy number (provided in confirmation e-mail) or the email address you used when registering for the marathon.
- Type of Plan: Event Ticket/Registration and Claim Type: Event Ticket Protection
- Required Documents:
- Proof of Payment: Receipts/credit card statements for all expenses you have paid and are related to your claim.
- Proof of incident: Documentation supporting the reason for the cancellation or interruption. This may include documents such as a police report or death certificate.
- Penalty/Refund Information, if applicable: Actual amount of any refunds or penalties and/or proof that the tickets/registration fees were non-refundable.
What does my race insurance cover?
You may be eligible for reimbursement in the following situations:
- Illness or Serious Injury – if the participant is prevented from participating in the event due to a covered illness or injury, or if a family member is hospitalized or requires care by the participant
- Employer Termination – After being employed by the same employer for one continuous year, the participant is laid off
- Traffic Accidents – if you are directly involved in a traffic accident and unable to get to the event
- Mechanical Breakdown – if the participant’s car breaks down no more than 48 hours before the event
- Airline Delay – if the participant’s plane or other Travel Carrier is delayed (includes bad weather) while going to the event
- Home Issues – if the participant’s home is uninhabitable due to fire, flood, vandalism, burglary or natural disasters
- Jury Duty – if the participant is required to serve on jury duty on the day of the event
- Military Duty – if the participant is required to miss an event as a result of military orders
Is reg insurance available for relay teams? No. Registration insurance is only for marathoners. We hope that relay teams are able to find substitute runners if needed.
Is it possible to purchase registration insurance after I register? No. But you may be able to get separate trip insurance through Allianz Global Assistance (www.allianztravelinsurance.com).
Does RunVermont have my policy information in case I lost my confirmation email? No, please contact Allianz Global Assistance at www.allianztravelinsurance.com or by phone at 866-456-3102.
I am registered to race the marathon, but now I’m injured and I can’t race. What do I do? Scroll up to the section called How to file a claim and start the process. All insurance claims must go through Alliance Global Assistance.
How do I find out what situations are covered by the registration insurance I purchased? The list of eligible situations is listed above and for more detailed information we suggest reaching out to the insurance provider – Allianz Global Assistance at www.allianztravelinsurance.com or by phone at 866-456-3102.
I have other questions not answered here – where can I look? Check out the FAQs page at Allianz Global Assistance.