Timing & Runner Tracking
The Vermont City Marathon will be timed using the latest B Tag system.
Our ability to provide accurate timing and essential medical assistance when necessary depends on YOU.
Download the RaceJoy App to be tracked or track your relay partner.
Follow these steps to help us serve you:
Bib & B-Tags
- Complete the emergency contact information on the back of your bib. Regardless of how physically fit you feel on race day, completing this information may save your life.
- Your B-Tag is a timing device adhered to the back of your bib.
- Pin the bib to the front of your shirt.
- Keep your bib visible at all times. Do not hide or cover your race bib.
- Do not fold, crumple or otherwise alter your bib in anyway. Doing so may destroy your timing device.
- No Tag, No Time. No Exception.
- B-Tags are non-transferable.
- The B-Tag provides runners with accurate race timing. Through a computerized system, your tag transmitter will be read at the start, finish and intermediate locations. You must cross all locations to get an official time.
- You must wear the B-Tag provided in your packet. Do not trade tags or bibs with anyone. Your time corresponds with your bib number.
- All runners must be registered to participate; running under someone else’s name is grounds for disqualification according to USATF rules.
- Runner Tracking is provided through our mobile App RaceJoy.
Marathoners Participating in Relay Teams
Marathoners may participate as a member of a relay team. The Marathoner must wear both their Marathon bib and and Relay Team bib and Tag, and must exchange the wrist band at the Half & Half Exchange Zone in Oakledge Park. Please read our Relay-Marathoner Scenario INFO SHEET for everything you need to know about which bibs to wear and where to exchange.
Note: Participants MUST use the clear gear check bags provided in your runner bag at Race Packet Pick-Up.
NO OTHER BAGS will be checked, NO EXCEPTIONS.
Please do not leave bags of any kind unattended. Any items left unattended will be removed immediately and destroyed.
Gear check is intended for race day gear (warm-ups, post-race clothing).
You should write your bib #, name and cell phone number on your gear check bag in the space provided. We promise to take good care of your possessions, but urge you not to check your valuables.
1st Leg Runners
Secured gear check is provided for relay participants at Oakledge Park (the Half & Half Exchange Zone).
First leg runners give gear to your 2nd leg teammate to check at Oakledge Park.
First leg runner should claim gear as soon as possible after arriving at Oakledge Park.
At 10:30am, unclaimed gear will be transferred to the RunVermont office (One Main Street, Suite 304, Burlington) and available on Monday.
Items not claimed in one week will be donated to charity.
Oakledge Park Gear Check: Open 7:30am to 10:30am.
2nd Leg Runners may check gear at Battery Park (5:45am-8:10am) for pickup at Waterfront Park finish (9:00am-2:00pm). Gear bags may NOT be picked up from Battery Park Gear Check.
The Half & Half Relay Exchange is located within Oakledge Park. The relay legs are approximately 13.1 miles each. When the first leg runner reaches the exchange zone she/he will tag the second leg runner. Because both runners are wearing B Tags, no exchange of the timing tag is necessary.
The first leg runner will receive a Half & Half Relay medal at the end of their leg and will also have access to food, water and Gatorade before heading back to Waterfront Park. Please use the Relay Bus (see below).
Do NOT drive to Oakledge Park; there is no vehicle parking at or near Oakledge Park.
There are a limited number of bike racks in Oakledge Park.
If you arrive by bike, be sure to bring a lock. Bike racks will be REMOVED at 2:00pm; please get your bike before 2:00pm.
Half & Half Relay Bus:
Half & Half Relay runners are encouraged to use the relay bus that travels to and from Oakledge Park. Buses are located on St. Paul Street at King Street. Buses, leave St. Paul/King starting at 7:15am and run continuously until 10:45am Buses departing downtown through 7:50am will drop runners 200′ east of the entrance to Oakledge Park. Buses departing after 7:50am will drop runners 1/2 mile from the 13.1 exchange zone in the park. From the bus stop, follow the signs toward the lake and Oakledge Park. Leave yourself plenty of time to get to your exchange area.
Buses Returning from Oakledge Park will transport runners who have completed the 1st 13.1 mile leg. Runners departing Oakledge Park before 9:30am will need to walk to Pine Street at Flynn Avenue, approximately 1/2 mile east of Oakledge Park to pick up the bus. Beginning at 9:30am this bus stop will move to the entrance of Oakledge Park. Runners will be dropped off at the corner of St. Paul St. and King St., 5 blocks from Waterfront Park.